Friday, May 31, 2013

May 31, 2013 "What is Your Story to Tell?"

    Some of you may know, May 26th 2013, I had the privilege of being baptized with Pastor Steve. At my baptism, Steve had asked me to possibly say a small testimony before I was emerged and instead I simply bypassed his request and gave thanks to everyone for being there and God for guiding me in this direction. Since then, Steve and Brenda have been asking questions about my past and even "put me on the spot", if you will, at our last night of worship. Pastor Steve stared at me as we all gathered around the stage with tears already filling his eyes and simply said "Cristina, I hate to pick on you, (doubtful), but I believe there is something building in you that is ready to explode and come out! God is working on you and something in you that is just going to erupt, man, just out there. Do you have anything to say or have any idea what it could be?". At this time I was already hyperventilating with joyous streams of water running down my cheeks and simply said, "Not just yet but I think so too."
    Now, we all know Pastor Steve loves celebrating in the light of God and in his way it's by putting that light on you. He has such a comforting way of directing the attention to you, you don't even realize all the eyes and ears in the room are focused on you. This wasn't the case that night. I walked away from the chapel in deep thought of how little any of my readers or the family I have created through God and the church, really knew about me. Specifically, my story that led me to God. This is the direction I am going with this entry. I will take my first big leap and write out my nitty gritty story that God has given to me as my testimony. 
    With that said, I am giving any of you fellow readers and children of Christ to write to me and tell me your own stories. Be my guest and write as little or as much as you want and I will be more than gracious to post it on our blog. If you would like to be discreet and kept as yours to tell, I will honor your wishes and thank you for letting me in to that part of your life.

cristinafuentes58@gmail.com or cristina.fuentes14@yahoo.com

I hope to hear from some of you and wish you a great week. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment